We put together our Learning Tower today and broke it in by making Spinach Artichoke Crescent Rolls together. These savory roll ups can be frozen and stashed away for a quick and easy meal another day. Be sure to double the recipe if you have more than one child so you have enough to freeze!
Spinach Artichoke Crescent Rolls
- 2 spinach cubes, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture (or 1/2 c of fresh spinach minced, wilted, and squeezed dry)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped artichoke quarters
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of shredded Italian cheese
- 1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Prepare the ingredients before you call you child over to help. Measure ingredients and unroll crescent rolls onto nonstick cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix spinach, artichokes, mayonnaise and cheese in a small bowl.
- Scoop even portions onto each crescent then roll up, leaving exposed filling facing up.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Freeze any leftovers by flash freezing then storing in a freezer bag. Double or triple the recipe if you have more than one child so you have enough to freeze! Simply microwave or bake on low in a toaster oven when serving from the freezer. We love the Annie’s brand crescents that we found at SuperTarget. I feel great about the ingredients!
I served the spinach artichoke crescent rolls with cheesy potatoes, sauteed yellow squash and homemade chicken nuggets. I followed my favorite chicken recipe for the nuggets and they turned out awesome! I flash froze the nuggets before storing in a freezer bag to avoid them freezing stuck together.
B.B. helped me pick parsley from our garden to garnish the squash. She tasted the squash but she didn’t eat it. Same with the potatoes, she licked them and set them aside. It’s OK though! I’m so happy that she TRIED the veggies. She asked for more “quesadilla rolls” (crescent rolls) and she ate 2 of them! The spinach cubes made the recipe a lot quicker. I’m definitely going to restock our spinach cubes this week.
We look forward to a lot of fun in the kitchen with our new learning tower! It is so awesome! With my belly growing bigger by the day it provides a comfortable way for us to work and play in the kitchen together without squishing baby sister and one day the girls will be able to use it together.