These tiny cups are so much fun to bite into! The bright green color and small size will surely encourage your little one to try a bite. Packed with protein, these Cheesy Pea Cups are easy to bake and freeze and provide lots of fuel for a busy day!
Cheesy Pea Cups:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed and cut into 12 rectangles
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup smoked sausage, cooked and diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Fill a greased mini muffin tin with puff pastry rectangles (formed around the cup shape) and bake for 5-10 minutes until beginning to puff up. You will need to press the puff pastry back down to make room for the filling. I used a shot glass and it was the perfect size! Bake for a few more minutes while preparing the filing.
- Blend egg, peas and cheese in your blender. Stir in sausage if using then fill each cup.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until set and slightly golden on edges.
- To freeze, cool completely before flash freezing on a tray, then store in freezer bags. Thaw overnight in the fridge or microwave on a paper towel for 30-60 seconds.