Fall Fruit Granola Bars will get you in the spirit of the season, even if it still feels like summer outside! Cinnamon, apples, vanilla, cranberries and a hint of caramel hit the spot! Chia and flax seeds add a boost of nutrition for your picky eaters.
Fall Fruit Granola Bars:
- 1 stick of butter
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 c rice krispies
- 2 c quick oats
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 c finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 c finely chopped dried apples
- To make the caramel sauce, over medium heat melt butter, brown sugar and honey. Mix continuously until it comes to a boil. Continue stirring for 3 minutes until very bubbly and light in color. Turn off heat and stir in vanilla. Let it cool while you mix dry ingredients.
- Mix rice krispies, oats, seeds, cinnamon, and fruit in a large bowl.
- If your child is helping, remove the mixing bowl from their reach while you add the warm caramel syrup. Be sure it’s not too hot before you invite them to help mix.
- Press the mixture into two greased baking dishes so that it’s about 1 inch thick. Let it cool for one hour before cutting into bars. You might need to loosen up the edges of the pan with a fork before transferring to a cutting board.
This makes a large batch so you can package individual bars in freezer bags for quick grab and go snacks! It also tastes great crumbled into almond milk! Enjoy!