Quick and simple chicken and stars can be made as a pasta dish, or a soup. Freezes well for an easy healthy meal that’s great for the whole family! Using chicken thighs provides more fat and calories as compared to lean chicken breasts which is important for growing kids. Simply grate the carrots with a cheese grater. Toddlers can enjoy this meal as a soup, and younger babies might find it easier to eat if made to be less soupy.
15 Minute Chicken and Stars
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 36 oz low sodium chicken stock
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 7 oz of star or alphabet shaped pasta
- Bring stock to a boil, add chicken and simmer until fully cooked.
- Add minced celery, grated carrot and pasta. Cook until pasta is tender.
- Remove chicken to dice, then return to the pot, adding water to reach desired consistency.